Responsible for overseeing and managing the Group’s IT related activities/projects. Coordinates project phases from development to installation. Coordinates the use of computers and telecommunications equipment to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data. Acts as liaison between clients, vendors, and consultants.
- Maintain good internal/external internal customer satisfaction levels by exhibiting competent and timely service, anticipating their needs, and resolving their problems.
- Integrates hardware and software products to meet organizational needs and infrastructure, installation, customizing and maintain applications for our computer users.
- May be required to install networks, handle network administration security and develop multimedia resources.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training sessions as well as providing references and support.
- Upholds best practices and conducts trainings with the Group of Companies to ensure that operating systems, programs and applications are being utilized to its fullest potential.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Maintains vendor relations, obtains quotes, evaluates services, escalates problems, and provides recommendations to senior management.
- Has oversight over email systems; maintains organizations technology, upgrades and replacements.
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network
- Directs the activities of development of new information systems and enhances existing automated systems.
- Ensures that computers receive proper maintenance and coordinates implementation of data communication equipment, applications with user departments, vendors and data centers.
- Establishes and monitors program priorities, objectives and procedures to determine are objectives, targets of service and needs resources.
- Develops, implements, and monitors management information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance; Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
- Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems.
- Analyze user needs and develop cost effective solutions utilizing appropriate technology.
- Oversee the financial aspects of their IT team or dept., including purchasing, budgeting & budget review.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Software development abilities preferred
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required
Skills & Knowledge:
- Operations, services, and activities of a comprehensive information technology program.
- Advanced principles and practices of computer science and information systems.
- Advanced principles and practices of program development and administration.
- Principles of complex network systems security measures, tools, policies and practices.
- Theories, concepts, principles, and practices of new and emerging technologies.
- Concepts, principles, and practices of information system strategic planning.
- Operational characteristics of mainframe and networking systems.
- Use, capacity, characteristics and limitations of computer hardware and software.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
Job Type: Full-time