- Maintain good internal/external customer satisfaction levels by exhibiting competent and timely service, anticipating their needs, and resolving their problems.
- Keep equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters, etc.
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage, etc.
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Comply with local/federal vehicle and safety requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards. Follow all work instructions and procedures.
- Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintain vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contain costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplish maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Attend departmental/company meetings, trainings, and/or workshops as assigned.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as may be assigned.
- Must have High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education/experience in a related field.
- Must have completed technical training preferably in the automotive field and one year experience in automotive field.
- Must have valid chauffeur’s license and a recovery certificate from EPA
Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; talk, hear, taste and smell. Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. frequently, lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift, move, or exert force up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus accordingly. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Federal law requires that we verify the identity and work eligibility of all new hires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full Time