Plan, direct, and coordinate all human resource management functions of the Group to maximize the strategic use of human resources to achieve goals and objectives. Partner with management to communicate and administer HR policies, procedures, programs, and laws to align the workforce with the strategic goals of the Group.
- Maintain good internal/external customer satisfaction levels by exhibiting competent and timely service, anticipating needs, and resolving problems.
- Coordinate with managers in the recruitment, selection, and retention of efficient employees who will deliver the best of their abilities.
- Proactively raising and coordinating issues with managers, identifying practical solutions on HR related issues, and recommending/executing appropriate action plans.
- Compile and manage case management documentation, accompany and support managers.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisals of employee work results by guiding managers to coach, develop, discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Coordinate compensation issues with CEO for existing and prospective staff consistent with policies and market conditions. Conduct periodic pay surveys and job evaluations.
- Ensure the maintenance, integrity, and accuracy of all payroll/benefits data processed by respective HR staff.
- Develop, review, revise HR policies to ensure compliance with changing environment or new/existing legal regulations, maintaining and updating policy manuals as well as employee handbooks as needed.
- Ensure proper coordination/implementation of new employee orientation programs and other educational and training programs. Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance reviews, safety, and sexual harassment or other HR related topics as needed.
- Participate in the negotiation of bargaining agreements and help interpret labor contracts.
- Manage, administer, and communicate employee benefits programs. Study and assess benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to CEO. Direct the processing of benefit claims; obtain, evaluate, and award benefit contract bids.
- Supervise the work activities of subordinates to include developing their skills/knowledge, coaching, and performance management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Utilize outside resources to monitor developments/issues in employment law and communicate potential changes to senior management.
- Promote company values, equality, and diversity to embed in the culture
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration/Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of progressive experience in several HR functions in a HR Generalist capacity or three years in a HR Manager capacity.
- SHRM/PHR certification a plus.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good interpersonal/people skills with balanced commitment to employee service and achieving business objectives.
- Ability to convey/manage challenging and difficult information/situations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Valid Guam Driver’s License
- Valid US Passport
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please complete the application below and/or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject title “Resume – HR Manager“.
Federal law requires that we verify the identity and work eligibility of all new hires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.