Assists in the planning, directing and coordinating of activities of the editorial team and other staff engaged in
preparing written and other material for print or electronic publication by performing the following duties.
- Will supervise reporters, freelancers and other staff as needed and appropriate.
- Will liaise with and guide reporters and freelancers on assignments, sources and content requirements to
- Will edit content for style, clarity and accuracy as well as edit design and pagination to meet Creative
- Will discuss and plan content in coordination with the publisher and/or managing editor.
- Assists in coordinating the workflow of projects to timely completion.
- Confers with publisher and managing editor regarding budget, objectives and invoices and their execution.
- Will assist in elements of special projects such as anniversary supplements, special features and special events.
- May assist in establishing and implementing editorial style changes.
- By direction, may initiate or reply to correspondence regarding material published or being considered for
- By direction, may address any comments and concerns directed toward the publications.
- Will undertake own assignments for the publications as designated.
- Attends professional social events by assignment; attends some events to represent or assist with representation.
- Liaises with the Sales Department as appropriate.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to use common programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Basic social media skills would be expected.
- Must have a valid Guam Drivers License.
- Current Passport and maintain validity throughout employment.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please complete and sign the application below and submit it to our office at 161 US Army Juan C. Fejeran St. Barrigada Heights, Guam 96913 Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “Assistant Editor”. You may also provide a resume.
Federal law requires that we verify the identity and work eligibility of all new hires.
WE ARE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.