The Manager, under the supervision of the General Manager, is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating operations and non-management personnel for a single restaurant. In the absense of the General Manager, the Manager directs restaurant operations to ensure compliance with concept and health and safety standards and acceptable financial performance.
- Monitors all restaurant operations and conditions to ensure the quality of the product and customer service. Monitoring includes: Employee job performance; Food and labor costs; Budgets and sales; Compliance with Concept Guidelines; Food and beverage preparation, storage, inventory, and presentation; Food and beverage service; Vendor invoices and hte food ordeing system; Redbook/manager’s log entries; and Cash transactions, comps or voids, and amounts of cash in drawers.
- Examines restaurant for conformance to concept and health standards.
- Walks through all restaurant areas to monitor and observe restaurant operations.
- Reviews documentation to assess the quality of restaurant operations.
- Generates performance reviews for all non-management staff.
- Oversees the training of non-management employees.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to employees based upon work requirements.
- Provides performance feedback to employees.
- Generates work schedules for all restaurant employees.
- Communicates with employees, customers, vendors, and concept personnel for various purposes.
- Exchange information about restaurant operations with concept personnel.
- Discusses issues related to ordering food, beverages, and supplies from vendors.
- Interviews job candidates.
- Rectifies customer complaints.
- Exchanges and gathers information from employees and customers.
- Contacts employees to modify employee work schedules.
- Generates documents reporting information concerning the performance of the restaurant.
- Develops a food ordering system to meet the needs of the restaurant.
- Generates correspondence with concept personnel.
- Documents events in the Redbook/manager’s log.
- When needed, may perform the duties of a food server, expeditor, line cook, busser, or food runner.
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to verbalize and clearly respond to guests and employees.
- Ability to read and write handwritten notes.
- Stands/walks 100% of shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, and wipes frequently.
- Lifts and carries up to 70lbs, up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in cooler and/or freezer.
- Works frequently in damp, hot work environment.
- Works with an open flame.
- Uses sharp knives and utensils.
- May use slicers and other kitchen machinery.
- Ability to hold items with hands (knives, pans) for extended periods of time, with up to 5lbs of weight.
- High School Diploma or GED and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current Health Certificate
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please complete and sign the application below and submit it to our office at 161 US Army Juan C. Fejeran St. Barrigada Heights, Guam 96913 Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “Chili’s Manager”.
Federal law require that we verify the identity and work eligibility of all new hires.
WE ARE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.